Animal House of Chicago offers boarding for cats, so that you can leave your pet in total comfort at our full service boarding facility. We always pay special attention to assure your cat is safe and comfortable. We cater to special needs felines, too! (Learn more about our boarding services for birds, small mammals, reptiles and other exotic pets here.)
At Animal House of Chicago, we try to make your pet's vacation a special occasion; we understand that the decision to board your pet can be an anxious time for both you and your special friend. Our boarding facility provides a comfortable and relaxing home away from home for your pet when you need to be away on business, vacation or an emergency.
New Cat Condos and Feline Play Area
Our new Cat Condos are designed specifically for cats. Standard features include a built-in feeding and watering ledge, a resting ledge and a privacy area for litter. Other feline boarding features include:
- Newly renovated feline boarding and play areas
- Feline-friendly environment — No dogs allowed
- At least 1/2 hour of playtime included with boarding
- Large viewing windows in the boarding area
- Cat tree as well as ledges for your furry friend to play and explore
- Beds and blankets as well as cat toys provided for your cat's comfort and amusement
- Clean Condos sanitized/refreshed twice daily
- Attentive Staff interact with your pet throughout the day
- Extra Pats, Rubs, and Lots of Love administered daily
- Individualized Care
- Daily Veterinary Observations
- Veterinary Medical Services if needed
- A Clean and Comfy Atmosphere
- Convenient Care
- All the Comforts of Home!
Medical Boarding Options
- Administration of insulin, subcutaneous fluids or daily oral medication available
We encourage all pet owners to bring at least two familiar toys from home so that your cat feels more comfortable at its "home away from home."
Cat Boarding Requirements
All cat boarders must be current on the following:
- Annual Physical Exam by an Animal House of Chicago veterinarian
- Vaccines: Feline Rabies, Distemper, and Feline Leukemia (only for cats allowed outdoors)
- A negative Feline Leukemia/Feline Immuno Deficiency Virus test
- A negative fecal test
- Flea Treatment: All Cat boarders will receive a Capstar Flea oral treatment at time of boarding
*Please note — if your cat tests positive for any of the tests required for boarding, they will be able to board with us in a designated isolation area for an additional fee.
Feel free to drop off your pet's vaccine history to us prior to arrival. We look forward to your cat's vacation!